Automatic processing allows you to get your mail managed more effectively and easily. It does not matter whether you are a long-term user of Hotmail or you still need to create account Hotmail (sign up Hotmail), since this feature of automatic processing is available for everyone. All you are left to do is to configure your Hotmail settings by spending five or ten minutes of your precious time and sticking to the guidelines, published below. So, don’t hesitate and go ahead to make your email be a far more convenient thing.
Prior to getting to configure your Hotmail settings, you have to log in to your Outlook account
- First of all, you should start the procedure by opening the browser and copying the following URL into its address line: http://outlook.com/. Then, press the “Enter” button.
- On that page, you will get to see the Hotmail sign in form. In the given field, you should enter your email address and give a click to the “Next” button.
- On the next page, you have to enter your password and click on the “Sign in” button.
You have to enter your password in this field and click on the “Sign in” button
- Once you have accessed your Hotmail account, you are able to access the page of Hotmail settings. For doing so, find the button of settings, placed in the right-upper corner and give it a click. You will trigger a pop-up menu, in which you have to select “Options.”
- On the left, you will get to see a menu of options. There, you need to go Mail > Automatic processing. In particular, 6 sections of settings interest us: Undo send, Inbox and sweep rules, Mark as read, Message options, Read receipts, Reply settings. Go to the section of Undo send.
- On this page, you are able to turn the feature of undo send on, which allows you cancel the email you have just sent. After configuring the settings, click on the “Save” button at the top. Go to Inbox and sweep rules.
You have to click here in order to access the Hotmail settings
- Here, you are able to set up certain rules, according to which your mail will be sorted out. Just click on the “+” icon and start creating your rules. Once you are done with setting up the rules, click on the “Save” button. Go to Mark as read.
- On this page, you can specify when the letters will be automatically marked as read. After choosing the appropriate option, click on “Save.” Go to the Message options section.
- Here, you can find a number of useful settings, mostly about notifications and what the system should do after you have just deleted a letter. After configuring it, click on “Save.” Proceed further to Read receipts.
For arranging the settings of automatic processing, you have to work over all these settings
- On the page of this settings section, you are able to opt how the system should respond to requests for read receipts. Select the suitable option and click on “Save.” Proceed further to the last setting: Reply settings.
- Here, you are able to specify whether to “reply all” or just “reply” button should be displayed in your pane. Click on the “Save” button.