If you don’t have to sign up Hotmail (or create account Hotmail) anymore since you have just joined this email service provider, then you might have a need to make the looks of your inbox better. One of the most important aspects in doing so is arranging the looks of your Hotmail reading pane, which is, frankly, incredibly easy to do. Also, the step-by-step guide, published right below, will show you how to change the appearance of your conversation window. All you have got to do is to stick to the guidelines. After doing so, you will get your inbox arrange within a couple of minutes.
The first step in getting logged in to Hotmail is entering your Hotmail (Outlook) email address
- At first, you need to launch your browser and access the following website: http://:outlook.com/.
- Once you have done so, you will get to see the Hotmail sign in form, placed in the center of the webpage. There, you need to enter your email address, Skype, or phone number. After doing so, click on the “Next” button.
After entering the password of your account, click on this button and access your Outlook account
- On the following page, you will be asked to complete the procedure of Hotmail sign in by providing your password. Enter the password and click on the “Sign in” button.
In order to change the appearance of your Hotmail reading pane, you need to change the Outlook settings
- Immediately after you have done that, you will access your Hotmail account. Find the button of settings in a form a cogwheel in the right-upper part of the page, placed between the help and the notifications buttons. Click on it and trigger a pop-up menu.
- In the opened pop-up menu, click on “Option.”
- Right after doing so, go to Mail > Layout > Reading pane. On this page, you are able to arrange the Hotmail reading pane.
This way, looks the window of settings of the Hotmail reading pane
- There are four settings on this page. The first setting allows you to opt where the reading pane will be displayed: on the right (by default), at the bottom, or not displayed. The second setting gives you an opportunity to choose what will you see after moving or deleting a letter: the next or the previous letter. The third setting allows you to opt where to write email letters: in a new window or in the reading pane. And the last setting helps you to choose what messages will you read after signing in to Hotmail. Once you have configured the settings, click on the “Save” button, placed at the top.
- Now, go to Mail > Layout > Conversations.
At the same time, you are able to change how your conservations look like
- On this page, you do not have many settings to configure but it’s useful to be aware of them in any case. The first setting allows you to opt where the newest messages will be displayed: at the bottom or at the top. With the help of the second setting, you are able to hide or to show the letters you have deleted. After configuring the settings, click on the “Save” button at the top.