Setting up a Hotmail automatic reply can serve you as a great means of informing your interlocutors at the time when you are unable to access your email account. For instance, you can create an automatic reply when you are planning to go on a trip, and so the people who message you will get to know when you will be back from the trip. Or, if you are currently fairly busy to answer emails, you are able to set up an automatic reply similar to the following one: “At this moment, I am unable to answer your letter. Forgive me and be sure I will answer it as soon as I have time for that.” All in all, this is a useful feature you can take advantage of. If you still do not have an account on Hotmail, create new account Hotmail (or sign up Hotmail) and make use of the guide, published below.
The first thing you have to do is to access your Hotmail account
- In the first place, you need to go to the next website: http://outlook.com/.
- In the center of the main page of Hotmail, you will notice the Hotmail sign in form. Enter your email address and click on the “Next” button.
In order to access your Outlook inbox, enter the password of your account and click on the “Sign in” button
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your password. Do it and click on “Sign in.”
- After you have just entered your Hotmail account, find the button of settings, placed in the right-upper corner. Give it a click.
- By doing so, you will trigger a pop-up menu. In that menu, you have to select “Options.”
- Once you have done so, you will get to see the menu of settings on the left. In that menu, you have to go to Mail > Automatic processing > Automatic replies.
You can set up a Hotmail automatic reply after getting to the page of Outlook settings
- Once you have accessed that page, you are able to set up a new Hotmail automatic reply. First of all, place a tick near “Send automatic replies” instead of “Don’t send automatic replies.”
- If you want the reply to be sent only during a certain period of time, place a tick near “Send replies during this time period” and specify the start time and the end time.
- Below, you will get to see three settings connected with the time or your calendar. Place a tick near the fields you wish and proceed further.
This way looks the page for setting up a Hotmail automatic reply
- After all, you have to choose whether you want the automatic reply to be sent solely to people who are in your contact list or to anyone who contacts you. Just place a tick near the respective field.
- In the field at the bottom, you have to set up a Hotmail automatic reply, using all the following features: URLs, images, various fonts and font sizes, etc. Once you are done with this matter, click on the “Save” button, placed at the top.